1458 Dorchester Avenue, Boston MA 02122, Fax: 617.282.7400
Call Today: 617.282.8700
Motor Vehicle Injuries
At Wellness Medical Center we provide treatment and rehabilitation services to people who have suffered injuries in motor vehicle accidents. Our experienced and knowledgeable team can assist you on the road to recovery from various injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident.
A wide range of injuries can result from a motor vehicle accident.
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, it is recommended that you begin physiotherapy and / or massage therapy as soon as possible in order to allow for a quicker recovery from the time of the accident.
- Whiplash Associated Disorders
- Thoracic Spine Strain
- Lumbar Spine Sprain and Strains
- Joint Dysfunction
- Musculoskeleta injuries
- Chronic Pains
- Dizziness and Vertigo
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Tension Type Headaches
- Fear of Driving
Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Be Examined After a Car Accident
- You may be injured and not know it.
- Injuries such as whiplash usually may not show any symptoms for hours, days or weeks later.
- Medical professionals all agree that the first 72 hours after an accident are the most critical and a time treatment can be the most effective.
- The majority of injuries from automobile accidents occur at speeds of 6-12 MPH. Your car might not show much damage, but your body might.
- A soft-tissue injury is permanent, as scar tissue can form in your muscles leaving them less flexible and prone to re-injury in the future if you don’t receive treatment.
- If you act quickly you preserve your legal rights. A personal injury lawyer listed things to do after an accident and #1 on his list was: Get prompt medical treatment; otherwise you may get benefits denied or limited.
- In most cases treatment can cost you nothing out of pocket, even if it’s your fault or you don’t have any health insurance.
- If you are not injured you can sleep better at night knowing you had an extensive exam and x-rays and found out everything was fine.
- Statistics show the longer you wait for treatment after you are injured, the longer it takes to heal and requires more treatments.
- If you are injured your injuries usually will not heal on their own.
Here are facts you should know about an auto accident injury
The amount of physical damage to your vehicle doesn't always reflect the stress and injury to your body. (Soft-tissue injuries have occurred in car accidents at speeds less than 12MPH.)
The majority of auto accident injuries affect soft tissues—muscles, tendons and ligaments, which don't show up on x-rays. Soreness and muscle pain from whiplash can signal a soft-tissue injury that may not be able to heal on its own, and neck and back pain commonly doesn't surface until hours or days after the car accident.
A traditional approach isn't always the best. Painkillers, anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxants and other prescription drugs often only mask the condition and make daily functioning difficult.
Your auto insurance’s personal injury protection can pay 100 percent for medical massage, therapy and other treatments—with no deductible.
You can choose where you go for therapy without a referral from your insurance company—and Wellness Medical Center will help you file the paperwork.
Upon assessment of your condition, a specialist will complete an initial report outlining his/her clinical findings, along with a treatment plan indicating types and length of treatment recommended.
The aim of the treatments are to return you to your previous level of function. Treatments focus on active strengthening, stretching, conditioning, and pain-relieving modalities as needed.